You must have knowledge of French appropriate to practice the profession.
You do not have to take a French test if you satisfy one of the following conditions:
- You earned your secondary school diploma in Québec in 1986 or after
- You have taken, full time, at least 3 years of secondary or post-secondary school education given in French, or
- You have past the French mother tongue examinations in the fourth or fifth year of secondary school.
If you satisfy one of the 3 conditions listed above, attach one of the following documents to your application:
- The official document (original) or a certified true copy of the diploma or final transcript of grades issued by the Department of Education attesting to the date the secondary school diploma was conferred. If you send us the original, we will return it, by mail, after validation, or
- The official transcripts attesting that you have done secondary, CEGEP or university studies totaling 3 full years entirely in French (at least 90 credits) and full time or attesting that you have past the French language mother tongue examinations for Secondary Four or Five.
If you do not meet any of the conditions listed above, you must pass the French examination given by the Office québécois de la langue française to be admissible to the Order.
Register for the French examination intended for candidates to professional orders
If you do not satisfy any of the conditions listed in the second on possible exemptions, you must pass the French examination given by the Office québécois de la langue française to be admissible to the Order.
You must complete and send us:
- The Formulaire d’inscription à l’examen de français (PDF, 2 pages, 1,61 Mo);
- A recent passport size photo;
Follow-up of your application
We will send you a receipt by email informing you that your application for admission has been put on hold until we receive your attestation of success from the Office québécois de la langue française. Please note that you should expect a wait of at least 2 months to obtain an initial appointment with the Office.